Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Intricacies of Alien Toilets and Other Musings

I don't know where to start today. LoL. I ate too much halloween candy tonight so I'm fully of sugary energy. So i'm pretty pleased with my word count so far, tonight I'm at 12,333 words, but I looked at the Word War scoreboard and I'm sitting in 11th place on the Toronto team. Not too bad, but I would like to try and stay in the top 10 just because, so I need to kick up my daily wordcount a bit. Hopefully I will get super writing insperation at tomorrows Write-In (Which I hope to attend if I don't sleep through my alarm...its before noon >.< ugh. silly alarm isn't loud enough to wake me up the first time it goes off in the morning, Or I just don't hear it cause I can sleep through almost anything...) Its at a library so i'm thinking it will be quiet, which means I should type more... But there is no Coffee :( I don't know How I'll fare without coffee or tea...maybe I'll be able to get something before I get there. I just don't know the area very well and I am highly likely to get lost looking for a coffee shop. LOL.

So somehow I managed to write about 1,700 words on my main female character trying to use an alien toilet the other day. I don't know what happened but I was at the write in and I realized that once my character is abducted by aliens, she is eventually going to have to pee, So I had to invent an Alien toilet. hehehe. I could just be like a normal writer who doesn't worry about their characters urinating, but because I was in a weird mood and didn't exactly know where I was going next, or how my character was going to escape, I decide that it was the perfect time for her to have to pee really really badly. LoL. It's mostly extensive discription on the weird contraption and how it works, and how an alien would use the bathroom... So in conclution, it's mostly fluff, but I don't care because it was a lot of fun to write! And that's what NaNo's about, having fun ^_^ Tommorrow I take it upon myself to help My main Character (her name is Deirdre) and her alley cat friend (Schrodinger) escape by flying an alien emergency escape pod accidentally into the past (around the 17th century) So we'll see where I end up. HeHe!

Well Good night all, and Happy Writing!

1 comment:

- -anne said...

hehe, sounds like so much fun! i've just spend about 2000 words describing on of my fmc's wardrobe. -grins- it makes the word count go up, at least!

good luck on your novel!
--anne (Tamara_the_muse)