Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Blog #2 - the second day in a new blogger's life

I've decided that I need to come up with some more interesting titles for my Blog entries. I'd label it something exciting, but nothing of note really happened today.

Today was long and tiring. I had a "class" (for lack of better name to call it) in the afternoon, then went streight from there (Spadina & College) to the mall across from the Lawrence West subway station (can't remember it's name) for a Survivor of Suicide (aka. SoS) meeting. (My brother committed Suicide just before Christmas last year and dealing with the grief is hard. Really hard. I hope you never have to go through such a tradgedy in your life.) He hung himself in the basement of my father's house, and although he had tried to overdose earlier in the year, it still came as quite a shock. He had been hospitalized because of his first attempt and had just been released from the hospital a day before the incident. I'm not sure how Christmas will go this year, considering how last years Christmas went. It's comming up on a full year since his death, and with the Christmas season quickly approaching, everyone's strings are strung real tight, and emotions are running at an all time high. The group topic today was on coping stratedgies, and to be honest, I'm not sure how I'm coping. I mean, I'm getting through life one day at a time, but there are so many things that remind me of my brother and it is hard. I was looking at Christmas cards in the mall while I was waiting for the meeting to start, and the first section I saw were the Christmas cards for brothers. It really hit a nerve. I'll never be able to buy him anymore really cheesy-yet-funny Christmas cards. I always had such fun picking out the one with the absolute worst brother/sister humor in it, knowing he would get the joke. *sigh* Oh well, life moves on...

On the NaNo front, because I was so busy today, I didn't have a chance to work on my character profiles, and there are only 2 days left until November... I'm begining to get nervous. I'm really hoping that I will get some spare time tomorrow to work on them, otherwise I'll be flying by the seat of my pants, and who knows where I will end up from there. LoL! The Kick Off Party is tomorrow at a restaurant somewhere in Down-town T.O. I'm going to have to look up the address again and figure out how to get down there by the TTC. As odd as it may sound, I'm dragging my mother along with me. I'm doing this because a) I don't want to be down-town and taking the subway at 11pm by myself, and b) I know my mother is really into books, so weather she is going to participate in NaNo or not, she is going to be my personal cheering section and therefore my "date". Of course, she doesn't know this yet... The cheering section part that is, and then c) I was originally going to take my boyfriend, but he is going back to school for the 2nd of 3 sections to become an Electrician, so he couldn't make it (we live really far apart, like a 2 hour drive apart. and yes, it sucks). So the conclusion is: I'm taking my mother. I know there will be lots of other parents with their kids there, in a large range of ages, so I shouldn't feel too out of place. At least I hope not. I am really looking foreward to it though. They will be announcing who we (Toronto) are going to be up against for the Word War. I'm not sure if I want to jump in over my head and sign up for the Word War team this year, as it's my first year and there are only 50 spots on each team, and I'm afraid that I won't live up to my potential because it is my first year participating. They will also be releasing and selling the Toronto NaNo CD which is original music written by Toronto artists about and for NaNoWriMo. The CD should cost around $10.00 which I will be able to afford on my poor starving writer's income of $0. LoL. I'll be borrowing money from my mom most likely... How sad is that? Yikes. I'll be back looking for work soon I hope, once my schedule of doctors/dentists/classes/meetings and other such events stop taking over my life... in a few weeks perhaps? Maybe as long as a month, but I need to get work before December, or else nobody will be receiving gifts this year unless they want something made from fabric and modeling clay or something of the like. Maybe I'll just create personalized glass ornaments for everyone. Get some beads, paint, and some old tree ornaments, and I'll be set. Unless I can come up with something more creative...hmmm.....

Hopefully, I'll get to post tomorrow after I get home from the party, but I might be so tired that it'll have to wait a day. We'll see.

ttyl ^_^

No comments: